This is a favorite recipe of mine. They are non-dairy (unless you use butter), grain-free, non-gluten, Oh So Delicious, and just plain healthy. My granddaughters love them!
Healthy Delicious Carrot Banana Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut or ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 3 large eggs or for eggless version ½ a package of silken tofu
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups pitted and chopped dates ( I get date pieces from my local health food store, easier than pitting and chopping from scratch)
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
Makes 12 large muffins
Preheat oven to 325. Line muffin time with large muffin liners.
In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and coconut.
In another bowl or food processor, whisk eggs or silken tofu, bananas, olive oil, honey, and vinegar and mix.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones.
Fold in the dates, carrots, and walnuts.
Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
They will be very full, not like regular muffins. These are sweet and filling but not fluff, so they don’t rise a lot.