This is a favorite recipe of mine. They are non-dairy (unless you use butter), grain-free, non-gluten, Oh So Delicious, and just plain healthy. My granddaughters love them!
Healthy Delicious Carrot Banana Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup (8 Tablespoons) earth balance ( you might use butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut vinegar ( you night use apple cider vinegar)
- 1 ¼ cups pitted and chopped dates
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
Makes 12 large muffins
Preheat oven to 325. Line muffin time with large muffin liners.
In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and coconut.
In another bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, earth balance, honey, and vinegar. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Fold in the dates, carrots, and walnuts. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. They will be very full, not like regular muffins. These are sweet and filling but not fluff, so they don’t rise a lot.